Monday, December 25, 2006

Have You Ever...

I tag myself here from Amiya's blog. Loved reading this on her blog, and my answers don’t even match up to hers. Mine look vapid compared to her wit, her humour, but an effort has been made to at least be honest. So, read on…

HAVE YOU EVER...

Smoked a cigarette?: Not yet. I don’t know if I’ll ever try it.

Crashed a friend's car?: Nope.

Stolen a car?: Umm… as of now, no. Might, actually, if my promising career doesn’t take off.
Been in love?: YES.

Been dumped?: Technically, no. But who cares about technicalities in love. Yes. :|

Shoplifted?: Oh yeah. That was fun. This was, I think, three years back. If I remember correctly, it was around Christmas or New Year itself. There was this bakery shop my mom and I went to, to buy some stuff for a few guests. The guy had hiked the prices of virtually everything on account of new year, and that too, to exorbitant levels. We had to buy stuff because we didn’t have the time to go to some other shop. The final bill came out to be twice what it should have been. I was angry and slipped in a jar of mayonnaise with all the other stuff that we’d bought. When my mom discovered, she gave me a real scolding but then, that guy had to pay for what he was doing. It was fun and gives you a feeling a achievement when you pull it off and I would do it again if it weren’t morally and legally wrong. :|

Been in a fist fight?:
Oh yeah. Definitely. They’re fun. Pillow fights as well. With cousins. And friends. Guys and gals.

Snuck out of your parent's house?:
Never really needed to. Guess it takes the fun out of life if you have understanding parents.

Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back?: Yeah.

Been arrested?: Not yet.

Gone on a blind date?: Nope. I’d rather not.

Skipped school?: Nah!

Been on a plane?: Yeah.

Seen someone die?: No. Been very lucky about that.

Been to Canada?: Nope. Not even to Australia. Or France.

Purposely set a part of yourself on fire?: Why, in the name of God, would I do that? And why just a part of me? :O

Been jet-skiing?: Nope. I so want to, though.

Met someone in person from the Internet?: Rohit. Twice. Both times, I had so much luggage on me, and he was so nice to share my load.

Taken pain killers?: Yeah. At times, after a spur of unplanned strenuous physical activity.

Flown a kite?: Yes. I used to. Till class 5 or so. Mom never really liked it. She once took me to the roof, showed me around, pointed to a few kite-runners rummaging through the debris for kites and asked me if that is what I wanted to become. After the glossy life I’d seen through television, I couldn’t dream of that. And that was the end of it all.

Built a sand castle?: No. One day, I will.

Gone puddle jumping?: I’m too stuck with cleanliness to try that more often, but yes, I have done it.

Cheated while playing a game?: Never. Honesty is one of my virtues I can boast of. I’d rather lose than cheat. Such a win will leave me feeling hollow.

Been lonely?: Yes. There are times in the hostel when I’m feeling down and lonely. Those are the times when I want to just cuddle up to someone, hug someone tightly, lie in a lap and just cry.

Fallen asleep at work or school/college?: That has been the secret to passing three years at college. I couldn’t possibly have survived otherwise.

Used a fake ID?: Yeah, have issued books from friends’ i-cards lots of times. Even got entry into shows through them.

Felt an earthquake?: Yup, I did. The first time was when I was in class 7. We were watching Dil Se at night when we felt the bed shaking. My mum was sleeping and she’d just rolled over on bed. We thought she was the reason of the rumbling. Turned out it was far more dangerous than that.

Touched a snake?: Thankfully no!!

Slept beneath the stars?: YES! Yes! Yes! Lots of times. It feels so... out of the world. I love to dream with open eyes and what better time than that. Also, the white light from the stars is awesome. White, the color of serenity, purity, grace.

Been robbed?: By God’s grace, no.

Been misunderstood?: Far too many times for my liking. I wish I could have that ability of letting others know exactly what I feel in exactly the right words.

Won a contest?: Yippeee! Class 3. It was a Britannia Handwriting competition. Didn’t win anything in that. In the end, they gave us some toffees, and we were to reproduce the wrappers in colour on paper. I managed to win that. I still don’t know how. I so suck at drawing and other such arts.

Run a red light/stop sign?: Yeah, at times, when it apparently seems safe.

Been suspended from school?: No way. Teachers used to love me, though I never knew that before the end of the year because I thought they were oblivious of my existence.

Been in a car accident?: Nope. The closest I’ve come to it, though, is while coming back from Chandigarh to Delhi, when at a speed of around 115 kmph, I dozed off, and nearly ran into a truck. Everyone screamed and I just braked centimeters away from killing my whole family.

Eaten a whole pint of ice cream in one night?: No.

Walked the streets drunk?: Never been drunk.

Had déjà vu?: My whole life seems like that. More than half the things I do feel like I’ve done them before.

Danced in the moonlight?: Dance? ME?

Witnessed a crime?: YES. I can’t speak of it over here. I need to trust you to divulge details.

Been obsessed with post-it notes?: Never used them. Seem too much of a hassle.

Squished barefoot through the mud?: Sand, yes. Mud, no.

Been lost?: I

Been on the opposite side of the country?: Yes sir.

Swum in the ocean?: Yes, at Kanyakumari, in the Andamans and at Chennai.

Cried yourself to sleep?: Yes. :|

Played cops and robbers?: Yes.

Recently colored with crayons?: Last time I touched crayons was in class 8 for my last compulsory drawing course.

Sung karaoke?: No way. I am not made for singing and dancing.

Paid for a meal with only coins?: Yes. Having Rs.5 coins helps.

Done something you told yourself you wouldn't?: Too many times to elaborate on any of them.

Made prank phone calls?: Nope.

Caught a snow flake on your tongue?: No. :(

Written a letter to Santa Claus?: Never. I’ve always been smarter than that. *smirk*

Blown bubbles?: No.

Bonfire on the beach?: Not yet, but I will. One day.

Cheated on a test?: Never ever. As I said, honesty’s been my staple virtue.

Gone skinny-dipping in a pool?: No.

6 Comments:

At 10:17 am GMT-8 , Blogger RB said...

It's MF! :D

And it is so cool to see such an old tag of mine doing the rounds on Amiya's and your blog. :-)

Your shoplifting story is pretty cool. It does look like you did the right thing. :P

But how can you not use post-it notes? Itni saari padhai mein kho nahi jaate unke bina?

Lovely,lovely post though. :-)

 
At 10:56 pm GMT-8 , Blogger R said...

Guess it takes the fun out of life if you have understanding parents.
Now, NOW, listen to me. My folks have seen me drunk, smoking, and well lot of other things - like fighting with them to let me go clubbing or err lots of things. They ARE understanding - they let me do what I want to. Even then, how can you not do something like snucking out of the house? I've grown up like THAT! Several times man - just a phone call in the morning, they yell and relax. And I do it over and over again. :D


Using a fake ID is something everyone has done I guess - clubs, bars and even bloody driving licenses. :|


Sleeping beneath the stars is one of the most wonderful things I have ever done - really, it is amazing!


Err so you mean you don't even sing to enjoy a song? Never? NEVER? :O

 
At 11:32 am GMT-8 , Blogger Unknown said...

The thing I would urge you to do immediately:
Get drunk.

Great post otherwise. Had fun reading it.

 
At 9:53 am GMT-8 , Blogger Saby said...

Met someone in person from the Internet?: Cherian Varkey Matthew :P . well, technically I saw him at the NCC and in the mess before chatting with him, but the net was a big factor in our friendship. I think I did not have a conversation in person with him till at least 2-3 months after we had a good friendship over YM and Hall2 site and Orkut.

 
At 9:54 am GMT-8 , Blogger Saby said...

waise nice post..but iske questions copy karke apne blog mein nahi daaloonga kyonki yeh toh cheating hogi :D

 
At 4:26 am GMT-8 , Blogger That Girl said...

Great post!! And very cute :)
Was smiling throughout :) :) <- see I still am.

I strongly second SayanDi's suggestion.

And a blush and a profuse "thaaaanks but you're too kind" for all the Amiya praising :) :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home