Monday, April 17, 2006

I Want

I feel like cryin’ today
Something’s dyin’ today
I wish I could lie in your lap
I wish I could snatch a nap
I feel like a lost kid
In a huge world that hid
Some pleasures that I need
My heart and I plead
Let me have a little fun
My life has just begun
I want a hand to hold
A voice to cajole and scold
A cheek to plant a kiss
Younger days I sorely miss
I want to go back in time
To life of melody and rhyme
I desire a silent noon with mum
A meaningless song to sing and hum
I want those tiresome days
When work filled every place
I want my friend back
Somewhere I lost track
I want to be a kid again
And splash mud in the rain
I want to play those silly games
And give my friends silly names
I want to study hard
I do not seek to be a bard
Lost are the pleasures I want
Plenty of memories come to haunt
Scant are such moments now
I want them back, tell me how?

3 Comments:

At 7:07 am GMT-7 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet, simple and makes the point :)

 
At 7:35 am GMT-7 , Blogger That Girl said...

Good job, I like it!

The first two lines, especially:
I feel like cryin’ today
Something’s dyin’ today

-- That's beautiful.

 
At 11:55 am GMT-7 , Blogger Swetank Gupta said...

@google-struck!

Thank you, even I feel the same :) I had nothing more to write after those two lines, the rest was just a formality, for the sake of completing it..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home