Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Night

Ah! there goes a delectable day
Drunken trees howl and sway
The sun withdraws its fiery threads
A melancholy blanket stealthily spreads

The flowers droop, the wind sighs
The wounded darkness silently cries
Solitude writ on every countenance
Misty eyes glaring, shoot a look askance

The moon saunters to the fore
Silver rain, eager to pour
The night resists, darker it is
The shadows dim, death they kiss

Every effort to thwart the light
Brought forth the night’s plight
The moon smiled, shone evermore
Soft, stinging arrows, darkness they tore

It sought to salvage a vestige of esteem
But dawn muted the anguished scream

Tattered robes and tattered pride
Tottering night found no place to hide

4 Comments:

At 12:58 pm GMT-7 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mast...

 
At 7:41 am GMT-7 , Blogger That Girl said...

Hey, I love the way you use words.
You know, words that I probably wouldn't associate with the flow of the poem, but once you use it, the word fits perfectly and then I can't think of any other phrase that could replace that word... I hope I've been able to convey what I'm thinking!

This is what I'm talking about:
Silver rain, eager to pour
-- Really nice.

 
At 11:56 am GMT-7 , Blogger Swetank Gupta said...

i understand, thank you again... am honored you feel so :)

 
At 6:49 am GMT-7 , Blogger Akhil Gupta said...

amiya here has very much echoed my thoughts...
i would say, ur use of vivd, imaginative and words-that-fall-in-place just-at-the-right-moment, creates quite a flow, capturing every figment of my imagination...

nice...

-gupak

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home