Friday, May 27, 2005

Only If I Knew ...

Shyly, I looked up
Shot a furtive glance at you
To have another longing look
At your ethereal face

My gaze met yours
My heart skipped a beat
You smiled coquettishly
Inebriated, I could feel the heat

You mesmerize me
An epitome of beauty
I, the beholder
My eyes see no flaw
Even when you get naughty

Anointed in self imposed love
Brooding, engrossed
Rendered believable are
Reveries with all limits crossed

I repudiate my dignity
Feign my best mood
To win a propitious place
In your egregious heart for good

Subsumed in all my thoughts
Aphrodisiac or appetent
My world, confined to you
My feelings, are for you meant

My clandestine endeavor
The fervor I exuded
All failed to saunter
Through to the destination intended

I feel like a despondent dilettante
Desirous of acceding to my will
To shun my diffidence
To blurt out verbatim my predicament
And sustain my sanity still

But I confess not love
No self respect I feel
My feelings I preserve
In vows of fidelity, I want to deal

Love is when the infallibles fall
The cognizance of the inarticulate
I'd rather let silence say it all
Than ebb the emotion with platitudes I hate

Why do I feel for you?
And let my despair grow
Why do I let you
Steal the show?

Do I love you?
I know not
Or it's just that
Myself I besot?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home